This month our featured service is YourCrew, an app allowing young people to ask for help when they need it most from people they know and trust. The mood tracking app was developed by the Harrison Riedel Foundation to help young people struggling with their mental health feel safe and reach out when they need help.
What is YourCrew?
The YourCrew mood tracking app connecting users with people they know and trust when they need support. The app allows users to create an account and invite friends to join their ‘crew’, who they can contact with the click of a button when they are struggling. The app also automatically alerts the user’s crew when they are feeling consistently down so they can reach out and see how they can help. All crew members are required to take an oath to help confidentially and without judgment, unless someone’s safety is in danger.
YourCrew also includes a range of features to help users track their moods, understand their emotions and seek help. The app features include:
- A Calendar for keeping track of moods (visible to both the user and their crew).
- Check-ins using an emoji, image, or written log.
- Private journal (can be shared with the user’s Crew if they choose).
- Emergency button to call Helpline or 000. Also displays a map to find the nearest police and hospitals and alerts one or more Crew members to the user’s location.
- Safety plans which can be easily accessed and shared with relevant people.
- Pathways to help.
- Information hub filled with teen and young adult topics.
- Chat and call functions, and more.
Who is YourCrew for?
The YourCrew app is designed to support young people aged over 12 years struggling with low mood.
Is there a cost to use YourCrew?
The app is free to download on smartphone and tablet devices.
How to access YourCrew
YourCrew can be downloaded from the App Store or on Google Play for Apple or Android smartphones.