Webinar 65 – Making the most of mental health questionnaires
08 February 2024
Black Dog Institute
Phone(02) 9382 4530
Measurement-based care is gaining popularity, but which questionnaire should you use and what does the data really mean? Psychometric assessment encompasses everything from neuropsychological treatment to self-report questionnaires like the K10. Clinical psychologist Dr Peter Baldwin will take you through how self-report questionnaires work, how to choose a questionnaire, and how to quickly and effectively interpret scores. He will also burst some common myths about mental health questionnaires and share insights from his research and clinical practice.
- Describe the purpose of psychometric assessment in providing care of common mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression.
- Contrast psychometric assessment with diagnostic assessment.
- Identify appropriate questionnaires to measure common mental health symptoms.
- Interpret questionnaire scores accurately and use questionnaire results collaboratively with patients.
- Explore the potential benefits of using available digital self-questionnaires and psychometic assessment tools.
Presenter: Dr Peter Baldwin
Dr Baldwin is an academic clinical psychologist with a background in developing technology-led models of mental health care. He currently leads Black Dog Institute’s Policy Research Team, which aims to improve Australia’s mental health system by ensuring our state and federal policymakers have access to the best research.
Presenter: Dale Skinner
Dr Baldwin will be joined by Dale Skinner, who lives with bipolar II. Dale is determined to provide a better understanding of mood disorders and in this webinar will share his own experience of navigating self-report questionnaires.
This webinar is designed for GPs, GP registrars, psychologists, and allied mental health practitioners, or any other health professional with an interest in improving outcomes for patients with mental health conditions.
RACGP CPD Accredited Activity – 1 CPD hour (Educational Activities)