Webinar 46 | Collaboration between health professionals: The key to improving patient outcomes
26 May 2021
Black Dog Institute
Phone(02) 9382 4530
This webinar will discuss how GPs, Allied Health Professionals, and Pharmacists can work together effectively to improve their patient’s mental health outcomes.
- Explain the role of the pharmacist in monitoring and managing psychoactive medications.
- Describe ways of working as a multidisciplinary team including pharmacists to monitor patients’ long-term mental health care plans.
- Identify referral pathways from pharmacists to general practice.
- Identify online resources that may be useful in the community pharmacy context.
- Understand the benefits of a collaborative approach to patient care that includes pharmacists.
This webinar is designed for GPs, GP registrars, psychologists, and allied mental health practitioners, or any other health professional with an interest in improving outcomes for patients with mental health conditions. The course educators include Dr. Jan Orman, Dr. Peter Baldwin, Elise Apolloni, and Dr. Guy Gordon.