About Triple P Online
Triple P Online offers evidence-based, positive tips that can help every family. The programs support children’s development and behaviour, help them grow closer to family and solve problems – positively. Triple P aims to boost children’s emotional wellbeing and relationships and make family life less stressful and more enjoyable.
More than a million Australian families have been helped by the Triple P – Positive Parenting Program. Developed by the University of Queensland’s Parenting and Family Support Centre, the program is backed by 35+ years of research studies in Australia and around the world.
Triple P offers a range of free, evidence-based parenting programs:
Triple P Online – for parents of young children under 12 years
- Triple P Online covers all of Triple P’s positive parenting strategies for parents and carers of children under 12. The eight modules are a fun mix of videos, worksheets, tips, and activities. They usually take between 30-60 minutes each.
Teen Triple P Online – for parents of pre-teens and teens, approx. 10-16 years
- Teen Triple P Online is for parents of pre-teens and teens (10-16 years). Teen Triple P Online covers all of Teen Triple P’s strategies in six modules. Each module usually takes between 30-60 minutes and includes a fun mix of videos, worksheets, tips, and activities.
Triple P Online for Baby – for parents-to-be and new parents (of babies up to 12 months old)
- Triple P Online for Baby is for parents-to-be and new parents, to help them create a positive environment and adjust to the emotions and changes of parenthood. There are 7 modules that include videos, worksheets, and activities.
Fear-Less Triple P Online – for parents/carers of anxious kids (from age 6+).
- Fear-Less Triple P Online helps parents and carers support children (6+) who feel anxious or worried a lot of the time. It can also be done to help prevent problems with anxiety and teach children more about emotions. There are 6 interactive modules.
Who is Triple P Online for?
Triple P Online is for Australian Parents with children from 0 to 16 who want to enhance their parenting techniques and address common behavioural and emotional challenges in their children.
Is there a cost to use Triple P Online?
No – Triple P Online’s parenting programs are free to access and use across Australia.
How to access Triple P Online’s services
Triple P Online can be accessed at https://www.triplep-parenting.net.au/
Triple P Online Research and Evaluation
Each Triple P program has been developed through ongoing studies and knowledge about child development and psychology. The evidence-based, university-developed programs, created here in Australia, are now supported by more than 35 years of ongoing research:
- More than 740 Australian and international trials, studies and published papers, including
- More than 380 evaluation studies, which include
- More than 180 randomised controlled trials
Triple P draws on social learning, cognitive behavioural and developmental theory, and research about social and behavioural problems in children. After doing the right Triple P program to meet their needs, families are better able to be self-sufficient and able to manage family issues without ongoing support.
You can see the full evidence base here.