QuitCoach provides those wishing to quit smoking with a personalised quitting plan. It creates this plan based on the person’s responses to questions about their motivation, confidence, and past attempts. It is designed to provide useful advice wherever people are on their quitting journey.
Quitting smoking is a process that can take time. QuitCoach works best if those using the program return and review their situation when things have changed e.g. after they quit. QuitCoach then asks questions relevant to the individual’s current situation and will adjust their quitting plan to reflect the progress made. It can also help people to recover if things don’t go to plan.
QuitCoach gives advice to help people:
- understand their addiction
- know what to expect when they quit
- have strategies to help resist urges to smoke
- know what tools are available to help
Quitting is a process and QuitCoach can help with all of the key challenges, such as:
- making the decision to quit
- setting a quit date and actually stopping
- dealing with urges to smoke and nicotine withdrawal
- dealing with situations where you used to smoke
- starting to think and feel like a nonsmoker
Who is QuitCoach for?
QuitCoach is for anyone in Australia wanting to quit smoking.
Is there a cost to use QuitCoach?
How to access QuitCoach’s services
Users registering for QuitCoach need to provide their name, email address, username, and a chosen password at http://www.quitcoach.org.au/.