QLife is Australia’s first nationally-oriented counselling and referral service for people of diverse sex, genders and sexualities. The service provides early intervention and peer based support for LGBTI people via:
- A national 1800 telephone counselling service (1800 184 527)
- National web-based counselling (www.qlife.org.au)
- A national referral database of LGBTI specialist services.
Who is QLife for?
Qlife focuses on peer supported telephone and web based services to diverse people of all ages experiencing poor mental health, psychological distress, social isolation, discrimination, experiences of being misgendered and/or other social determinants that impact on their health and wellbeing.
QLife is often the first point of contact for people who are coming out, but it is available to anyone, no matter how they identify.
The service is also increasingly being used by the friends and family of GLBTIQ people and mainstream service providers who are seeking accurate information and referral options for their relatives, friends or clients.
Is there a cost to use QLife?
How to access QLife’s services
Qlife’s services are available 7 days a week.
- Phone support (3pm – 12am / 7 days) by calling 1800 184 527
- Online chat (3pm – 12am / 7 days) requires registration with a post code. Users can also choose to provide their age, gender experience/identity, sexuality, whether they are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or have contacted QLife before.
QLife Research and Evaluation
Over the life of the project, QLife has used the services of an external evaluator, looking at many of the project deliverables and speaking with stakeholders across multiple levels of engagement.