About MindSpot Clinic
The MindSpot Clinic is a free national service for Australian adults with stress, worry, anxiety, low mood, chronic pain, or depression. MindSpot provides mental health Screening Assessments and Treatment Courses. The Screening Assessment is a quick 20–30-minute confidential online questionnaire which provides individuals with personalised recommendations about which mental health support services and resources may be able to assist.
The Mindspot Treatment Courses are used to equip individuals with treatment strategies, tools, and techniques to address specific mental health symptoms. In particular, the online ‘Find A Treatment Course’ is a helpful online quiz that creates personalised recommendations for a Mindspot Treatment Course best suited to the individual.
MindSpot’s programs include:
- Wellbeing Course: assists adults aged 26-65 manage worry, stress, anxiety and low mood.
- Wellbeing Plus Course: assists adults aged 60+ manage worry, stress, anxiety and low mood.
- Mood Mechanic Course: assists young adults aged 18-25 manage depression and anxiety.
- PTSD Course: assists adults manage symptoms relating to a previous traumatic event.
- OCD Course: assists adults manage symptoms relating to obsessions and compulsions.
- Indigenous Wellbeing Course: assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults aged 18+ manage depression and anxiety.
- Chronic Pain Course: assists people with chronic pain manage the impact of pain on their day-to-day life and emotional wellbeing.
- Chronic Conditions Course: assists people with chronic physical health conditions manage the impact of their everyday life living with a chronic condition.
- Teletherapy: a personalised therapy service offering direct access to qualified psychologists, social workers, registered nurses, occupational therapists, and counsellors.
Mindspot can also assist people to find other local services that can help through their extensive library of resources. Covering topics such as emotional wellbeing, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, perinatal mental health, and coping resources.
Mindspot also provides resources for health professionals on how to refer patients to Mindspot, as well as screening tests for patients displaying general anxiety and depression symptoms.
To discover more about the services offered by Mindspot, head to their website here.
What are the benefits of using Mindspot?
Mindspot offers helpful resources, treatment courses and screening assessments to address conditions such as anxiety, depression, chronic pain, perinatal mental health and more. There are many benefits to using a mental health treatment courses and resources including:
- Improved quality of life
- Improved relationships with loved ones
- Reduced stress, anxiety, and mental fatigue
- Improved productivity
- Provide effective coping skills, strategies, tools, and techniques
- Reduces risk of other medical issues long-term
Who runs Mindspot?
All Mindspot courses and resources were created by registered health professionals such as psychologists, clinical psychologists, and psychiatrists. This ensures all advice given is accurate and helpful to the user.
To learn more about Mindspot’s origin story or about the program, head to their website here.
Who is MindSpot for?
Mindspot was created for any person aged 18 years or over looking to seek treatment for anxiety, depression, chronic pain, or perinatal mental health issues.
Is there a cost to use MindSpot?
There is no cost for using Mindspot resources, screening assessments or treatment courses. All Mindspot services are funded by the Australian Government.
How to access MindSpot’s online services
MindSpot Research and Evaluation
All of MindSpot’s programs have previously undergone clinical trials at the eCentreClinic to ensure their efficacy.
For more information regarding these research trials, visit: eCentreClinic: Our Results.