Livewire is a safe, secure online community to help young people aged 12 to 20 years, and their siblings, cope with the impact of a serious illness, mental illness, chronic health condition or disability.
As well as providing a fully-moderated chat room providing users with the opportunity to meet new friends and stay connected to other members who share similar experiences, Livewire also allows users to:
- Update their profile and connect with other members with similar interests
- Create blogs and share thoughts
- Read articles
- Create or join a group of others with similar interests
- Play games
- Take part in events such as online quiz nights and meet special guests in the chat room like TV personalities, high profile sports people or well-known authors
Who is Livewire for?
Livewire is open to anyone aged 12-20 who’s living with a chronic health condition, serious illness, or a disability; siblings are welcome too . You just need to be living in Australia or New Zealand to join.
Is there a cost to use Livewire?
There is no cost to use Livewire.
How is Livewire kept safe and secure?
- Livewire chat hosts are trained moderators
- Every Livewire member is validated by the membership services team when they sign up. Young people under 18 require proof of identification in the form of a 100 point identity check from their parents or guardian within the first two weeks of registration in order to gain ongoing unrestricted access to Livewire. Young people over 18 are contacted directly.