About This Way Up
This Way Up is a site that provides online treatment, education and research in anxiety and depression.
This Way Up's services include:
- This Way Up Clinic: An online, clinician assisted treatment program for anxiety and depresion. Individuals receive 90 days access to the program (6 lessons), which has an 80% success rate.
- This Way Up Self Help: Online self-help programs for individuals wanting help with Stress Management, Depression/Anxiety or Social Phobia. These programs are shortened versions (3 lessons each) of selected programs from This Way Up Clinic (6 lessons each).
- For Clinicians: Clinician information, support and guides for common mental illnesses.
- For Schools: An internet-based learning system that provides health and wellbeing courses for school students.
The courses currently available include:
- Mixed Depression and Anxiety
- Social Phobia
- Obsessive Compulsive
- Posttraumatic Stress
- Health Anxiety
Who is This Way Up for?
The 'This Way Up Clinic' and 'This Way Up Self Help' courses are intended for users 18 years and over.
Is there a cost to use This Way Up?
To access 'This Way Up Clinic' programs (6 lessons), the cost is $55 for 90 days' access.
There is no cost to access the 'This Way Up Self Help' courses (3 lessons).
How to access This Way Up's services
To access 'This Way Up Clinic' programs, users require a "prescription" to the program from a GP or allied health professional. GPs and allied health are required to register with This Way Up to be able to provide their patients with a 'prescription code'.
When registering, users will need to provide their clinician’s prescription code (obtained from the GP or allied health professional), name, email, chosen password, DOB, gender, postcode and country of residence.
To access 'This Way Up Self Help' courses, users only need to provide a username, valid email address, chosen password and gender.
Courses by This Way Up are also offered as apps for $59.99, available for download from the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
This Way Up Research and Evaluation
All programs have been evaluated in multiple randomised controlled trials, with over 30 published overall. Real-world effectiveness has been evaluated and published in 6 effectiveness studies. Studies have shown that all programs effectively reduce the burden of anxiety and depressive disorders.
See https://thiswayup.org.au/clinic/evidence/research-papers/ for published research articles.